Saturday, January 3, 2009

Breath of Fresh Air From the Past

My Mom, my lovely Mom, forwarded this to me today, to remind me of happier moments from the past. For me, it was a breath of fresh air, a reminder of less heavy times, a glimpse of who I was, the breathless, excitable girl who is still in there somewhere. Thought you all could maybe use a breath too in this journey, so here it is:

"June 6th, 2003:

Well,


Bruno asked me to marry him this weekend, and I said yes!!


Couldn't have been more romantic: B&B at Lake Tahoe, a bike ride through the woods, wine in an outdoor hot tub, a fancy dinner out, then back to our little cottage for a second hot tub dip, this time in our room, lit by fireplace and candlelight. He went to get "wine" out of the ice bucket, and as I looked at the shadow he cast on the wall in front of me, I noticed the shape his hand was holding didn't look like a wine bottle. Instead, in front of my eyes, was a beautiful green box containing an even more beautiful green sapphire in an antique white gold ring setting.

I started saying "OHMYG-D" and couldn't stop for like a minute solid. When I finally shut up, Bruno asked, "Will you marry me?" And I said yes, and we cried and hugged.

Then, I pulled back and, ham that I am, I said, "Do it again!"

And this lovely man I'm marrying asked me again, and I said yes again, and isn't life fun sometimes?!"

And for those of you really paying attention, yes, the second hot tub was a private one in our room, so, yes, this was a naked proposal.

Isn't life fun sometimes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you told him to "do it again". That's classic.