Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Gift

I bought myself a gift today: a set of 81 glittery gel pens. I got it at Costco for $16.95. I am super excited about it.

They come in a stand; the marketers called it a "stadium stand". And truthfully, that's what it looks like: 81 jewel-like caps topping 81 crystaline tubes housing 81 shimmering colors of icecream-smooth ink, standing in tiered rows, looking like a circus audience.

My stadium of creative sentinels stands at attention on my desk, next to my computer. All day, I've been making lists just to see the fresh inks glide onto the page. And then I've been completing the things on my list, just for the pleasure of scratching a line of one color through words of another.

It's funny the bribes we give ourselves, to get the jobs done, to get through the day. Today was especially productive, as my page of scarlet and sapphire will attest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need picture proofs of this :-)

LJMK said...

I love you, Vlado!