Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Mars/Venus Moment

I'm on the Caltrain, heading into San Francisco for rehearsal. I'm looking over one of my scripts, Truffaldino Says No, a 17th century commedia del arte inspired piece, full of flowery language and melodrama. I am filled with the mood of it, and in a fit of passion, pick up my cell phone and text the following message to Bruno, who is away in Europe for the next two weeks:

"The depth of my love for you has no bottom!"

A few moments later, my cell phone buzzes, and I lovingly pick it up to see how my darling has responded. I read the following, from Bruno:

"I love your bottom!"

Yep. That'll do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great short stories about your life. thanks for sharing. It is the same for me, when I realize that at least we have each other, it is huge relief. Love, Jennifer