Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dream

Early this morning, I had a dream that I was hiking up a steep steep climb. I was with two other people, a man and a woman. Got to a point where the climb became nearly vertical; there was actually a structure built into the rock, a little ladder like the one you use to climb out of a pool. I was having trouble climbing the rungs; it was almost as if I no longer had any strength in my legs. I got a glimpse of the top, and it was stunning, and frightening: gorgeous clear, unencumbered vistas of beautiful scenery, and a sheer drop below. I committed to getting to the top, to taking in the scenery despite the fear, and the man and the woman together helped me take the steps, find my strength (supplying their own where mine failed), keep my balance, and make it safely to the top.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Interesting. Any thoughts on who the man and woman are supposed to be?