Monday, August 10, 2009

Without a Net

Last night I dreamt I was on a highway trying to get somewhere, and the highway kept splitting off in all these different directions. And somehow they would all lead to the same place, they were just different options with different terrains, some better suited for trucks, some for motorcycles, etc.

I had no idea which route I was supposed to take, and I kept making choices and was totally fearful that I was choosing routes that weren't best for me, or would take much longer, etc. And all the while I was moving forward at great speeds with no time really to make these decisions.

Right before I woke up, I had chosen a route that was leading me on a very very steep road, practically vertical, and the route was called The Wire, and I suspected that at the top of the climb I was somehow going to have to drive on a thin wire. I was concentrating on the asphalt in front of me, but I was becoming very very worried about what, exactly, The Wire meant, and whether I would be able to traverse it.

No comments: