Friday, March 12, 2010

New

And here we are.

24 weeks and 4 days. The gestational day I gave birth to Pedro and Archer at 4:43 and 4:46am, July 30th, 2008.

So, we've already passed the threshold and are into uncharted territory. I am further along than I have ever been before.

I was awake at 4am this morning, and watched the minutes tick by approaching our landmark. As the clock arrived at 4:43, I closed my eyes and thanked the boys for being part of our lives and for looking out for their little sisters. My intention was to pray/meditate until 4:46. I woke up at 4:52. Ah well.

And so here we are. In the new. To be honest, I'm scared. This is going to take a while to sink in. I still fear that every contraction will break my water, that every twinge must be my cerclage tearing through my incredibly stubborn cervix. I wish Cedric would just get the message, hold firm, and relax into the support we've given him.

I guess the same could be said about me.

I'll get there. I am getting there already. But you, dear reader, are once again invited to get the party started and celebrate this bold new day.

2 comments:

Jen Price said...

I'm thinking about you and the boys. And the girls of course.

Unknown said...

Rejoice my dear Lisa!!! I'm so happy for this new and important journey!!! I see you praying and thanking and I'm so proud of you mi querida amiga... My thoughts are with you SIEMPRE!!!! : )