Thursday, November 20, 2008

Free Floating Anxiety

Walking around this afternoon with the sensation of waiting for the other shoe to drop. A shakiness inside, as if I'm cold. Deep sighs that don't end in relief. My stomach is full with not much in it, but my mouth, my tongue want something they can't identify. Chocolate milk, usually a fail-safe, doesn't do the trick.

Waiting for the mail to arrive, the in-box to fill, the cell to buzz with messages. Dreading the phone to ring: direct contact, yikes! Picking up the phone to call: no answers anywhere. I don't leave messages.

Nervous like I've forgotten something. Nervous like there is something I was supposed to have done, supposed to be doing right now. Another sigh.

I'm supposed to be raising my boys. That's what I'm supposed to be doing right now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mi querida amiga! : (
I know how you are feeling. Think about God and please be sure and confident that you are doing what you are meant to. A good old friend always says that "I should have", "I'm supposed" don't exist, they are not real...... but I know your feelings are.... so I'm with you.
Keep your wonderful spirit dear Lisa!!!

LJMK said...

Thank you so much, lovely Isa

DL said...

Hi lovely woman !
When my mom passed away , I remember that feeling distinctly. I was supposed to be worrying about her and there was no room to worry anymore because she had passed ( she was very ill for many years).

I am just a phone call away. I understand the anxiety of new friendships at this time and no pressure, but wanted to let you know !
You're doing amazing.

LJMK said...

I so appreciate your support. Yeah new friendships!