Monday, November 17, 2008

Mondays

Arrggh. Monday's are hard. My buddy goes back to work, and I'm left with all my feelings and only mundane "we've moved" tasks to occupy myself, like setting up new health insurance, new doctors, figuring out where the grocery stores are and how to DRIVE to them (I'm having a serious battle with this whole car culture thing. I am incredibly challenged in the "sense of direction" department. Like brain damaged challenged.) Bleah.

OK, feeling sorry for myself. Today I successfully set up Bruno's direct deposit, our new health insurance and FSA and all that jazz, arranged for old Dr's offices to fax things to new Dr's offices, got in a tax estimate to our accountant (we dropped out of the whole estimated taxes thing for a bit there: this could hurt now), planned meals for the week, went to Costco and TJ's (and only got lost once and didn't even cry and rant and rave in the car; instead I sent Bruno a whithering text about our AWOL GPS while stopped at a red light). It is all domestic garbage, but someone's got to do it, and atleast I'm getting some stuff done instead of sitting with my face in a tub of ice-cream like I'd like to (OK, I did take an ice-cream pig-out break, but I ate it with a spoon, and someone said full-fat milk products are good for fertility.)

Ok, this is better. I've made myself smile, and hopefully made anyone else reading this smile too. I'm off to a yoga class.

Peace,
Lisa

1 comment:

DL said...

Hi sweet Lisa.
Thank you for sharing this with me. I have no words.
You are such a beautiful writer. I look forward to knowing you more as you move through and forth on your healing path.

Dorothy