Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Today

Today is not a good day. I have been crying pretty much since I got up. I can vaguely recall that it always seems hardest on the days leading up to a milestone, so I am trying to relax into the fact that today will be the worst of it and tomorrow should be a little better. I'm not really succeeding yet.

Today, I am finding myself wanting to throw out the baby with the bathwater; what a horrible metaphor, and yet how utterly, morbidly appropriate as well. Today, I want to walk away from it all, to move to another country, to run away from my life, my family, my marriage, to sit down on the side of the road somewhere and just not get up again. Today, it just feels too hard to keep being hopeful, to keep being at all.

Today, I'm tired of pain, of sorrow, of disappointment. Today, I'm tired of disappointing others, especially poor Bruno. Today, I am tired of hearing bad news, tired of worrying and doubting, tired of feeling.

Today is not a good day. Let's just get through today, and get on to tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa (& Bruno) - I don't know what to say. I type and I type and then I hit the backspace button because everything I type seems ridiculous. I cannot call you because I would just end up crying on the phone - and I don't know if that would be helpful or hurtful. As you say, get through today to tomorrow. And tomorrow you will say the same thing. Just be tomorrow. Don't worry about the next day, just be. I love you. Laura (and Kenny, Max & Zaz)

Jen Price said...

Hang in there hon. You will make it. Tomorrow will come and so will the next day. You'll continue to grow, with painful times and good times too. Cry and scream all you want right now. Love to you and Bruno.

LJMK said...

Thanks, Laura, Kenny, Max, Zaz, and thanks Jen. I know you all are right. I just had an acupuncture treatment that seems to have stabilized my mood some, so that is good. I think I'll put that in another blog post, so people don't worry too much.