Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just The Facts, Ma'am, Week 22

Moving right along....

So, today's appointment didn't come with the numbers I was looking for, but Dr. K swears up, down and sideways that everything is continuing well and he considers it as if nothing has changed.

That said, my cervix is down to 3.0, from 3.9 two weeks ago. That is nearly double the rate of change we've seen so far.

Again, Dr. K says rate of change is only one element. He says the digital exam revels my cervix to be firm and closed. He adds that the ultrasound also shows the cervix to be closed and without funneling, that the stitch looks terrific and is holding well, that I still have .6 above the stitch, which is placed at 2.4, and that he is very pleased with the shape the cervix is taking below the stitch. He drew us a picture of that shape, and it sort of looked like Marilyn Monroe's bottom. Hmmm...

And our girls are growing terrifically and in sync with each other: Baby A is 1lb3oz and Baby B is 1lb4oz. And Baby B is still treating her sister like a soccer ball. Actually, she sort of treats her placenta and my internal organs like soccer balls too. And in a delightfully sci-fi moment this week, I actually watched her kicks show up through my belly, as though I had swallowed a Whack-A-Mole game.

Wild wild stuff.

No comments: