Thursday, February 25, 2010

Worrying

I have been crying all day; I just haven't been able to stop worrying about the quantum drop our cervix took this week.

My cervix.

Bruno doesn't have a cervix.

But I don't feel like shouldering this responsibility myself, so I think I'm going to go ahead and call it our cervix. Anyway, I've been basically quivering in my bed all day with tears streaming down my face, afraid to move, afraid of every pinch and pressure.

However, I think I may have just come to the end of my allowing this new news to be worrying: I got emails back from Dr. R here and from my perinatologists up in Portland, all corroborating Dr. K's assessment that cervixes do have quantum drops like that and that we should NOT be worried. With so many doctors saying the same thing, I think I have to face the fact that I am making myself crazy for no reason.

So I'm going to try to stop.

By doing my taxes.

That's always calming.

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know worry is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.... do you think taxes are better? : )

Michelle said...

I am so glad you have a village of doctors that crosses state lines...and congrats to Bruno on his new cervix. Sounds like you're doing physically fine!