Saturday, February 27, 2010

Overheard

I'm lying quietly in bed, preparing a test on the Protestant Reformation for one of my students, and Bruno is in the master bathroom giving it its first good scrub in weeks. I've begged him to let me hire someone to do this while I'm out of commission, but he adamantly refuses, so I've turned instead to nagging him to get the task done, and today he has agreed. I hear the toilet seat clang up, and the slosh of the toilet brush. And then I hear a voice with a Bosnian accent sing quietly, "I work hard for the money....so hard for the money..."

And I start to laugh with even more abandon than I laughed during the "prevent, PREVENT" moment.

Oh, my poor overworked husband....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Okay, that made me crack up! Kisses to Bruno Summer!