Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Apricots?!

Up at 4am because I had a hugely horrible, horribly huge emotional day today, spent a large chunk of it crying, and haven't felt the babies move since. They didn't move after the post-dinner half a chocolate brownie, and they didn't move for the middle of the night snack Bruno left, even though, in deference to the rotten day, Bruno left me a special comfort food treat of my beloved organic Cheetos. I crunched down the salty mollifying goodness, put my hands on my belly and concentrated: nothing.

As I picked up my book and settled in to try to read my way past my terror that my emotions had killed my children, my hand absent-mindedly returned to Bruno's snack pack and this time pulled out the dried apricots he'd placed there to provide follate and vitamin A to mother and childs. Voila! Little bits of popcorn bursting in my belly. Not a whack-a-mole game, but movement to be sure.

I'm so sorry, angels! Mommy promises to find a more even keel for the rest of our sailing together. Please hang in there with me!

And, apricots? Really? Whose children are these?

No comments: